I’ve recently fallen in love with substituting cauliflower in recipes instead of using potatoes or meats. I was invited to a StoneFire VIP Media Dinner last year and it was there that I discovered that cauliflower is much more than a cold veggie served with a side of ranch. So I definitely owe StoneFire credit for showing me how delicious cauliflower is as a main dish!
Tonight I tried out a cheesy cauliflower meal that is a great veggie substitute for the beloved carb-filled favorite Mac & Cheese.
>> Re-pin this recipe on your Pinterest to save for later.
Here’s what you will need:
- Large Cauliflower
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- Seasoning of your choice (I went with Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb because its sodium free)
- Fill a sauce pan with about 3-4 inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Chop the cauliflower head into bite size pieces.
- Once water is boiling place all the cauliflower pieces in and cook about 10 minutes, or until they are tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain the cauliflower and while its still in the colander place 2 tbsp. of butter and 1/2 cup of cream cheese in a pan.
- Turn the heat to medium to melt the butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle in shredded cheese (as much as you like, but I used about 1/2 cup)
- Season lightly with seasoning of your choice
- Toss the cauliflower back in the pan and mix until covered in the cheesy goodness.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and serve